Last Updated: July 1, 2023
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information ("personal information") from Users in a variety of ways including in the course of the following activities:
- Visiting our Website.
- Registering on the Website.
- Placing an order on the Website.
- Subscribing to the newsletter.
- Providing Product feedback.
- Participating in consumer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions.
- Responding to a survey or requests for user's opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding Tommie Copper Products.
- Communicating with Tommie Copper via text message, email, telephone, or any other form of electronic communication.
- Filling out a form. This includes information you may provide when you request additional information about Tommie Copper Products or services.
- Using any other features of the Website that may be offered from time to time and may require such information in order to utilize the feature.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and any other information you may choose to provide. If you provide us with your phone number and consent to text marketing, you agree to receive text messages to that number from Tommie Copper. If you submit your email address in connection with an order or request, you agree that Tommie Copper and its third-party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your order or request and for other administrative purposes.
We will collect personal information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Website related activities. If at any time, you do not wish to receive communications from Tommie Copper, you can unsubscribe from such communications by using the unsubscribe function located on every promotional email or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Non-personal identification information
Our Website may use "cookies" to enhance User experience. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to or access from your computer or device through your web browser for record-keeping purposes, to track information about you, and to enable and improve the accessibility and functionality of the Website. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Website, while others allow us to track your activities at our Website.
In addition, our Website may use web beacons, also known as pixel tags, web bugs, or GIFs. A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of one pixel that can be delivered to your computer; pixels can be used to retrieve information from your device, like your device type or operating system or IP address and time of visit. They are also used to serve and read cookies in your browser.
Our Website utilizes the following types of cookies:
- Essential: these cookies are essential for our Website and any requested services to work, but do not perform any additional or secondary function;
- Functional: these cookies enable enhanced functionality, such as videos and live chat;
- Analytics: these cookies provide statistical information on Website usage in order to improve our Website over time; and
- Targeted Advertising cookies: these cookies are used to create profiles or personalize content to enhance your shopping experience.
For more detailed information about cookies, including the specific types of cookies our Website utilizes and how to disable cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use collected information
Tommie Copper collects and uses Users' personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve our Website: We continually strive to improve our Website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you. We also use applications provided by third parties, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate the usage of our Website. These tools help us improve the user experience and performance of our Website.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To provide you with marketing and promotional material mailings once you order from us through our Website. If at any time a User no longer wants to receive promotional mailings from us, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at toll free number 1-855-692-8291. You can also opt-out by using the unsubscribe link in any of our promotional emails. It may take up to 10 business days to be removed from our mailings.
- To process transactions: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails: The email address Users provide for order processing will be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If Users decide to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related Product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions in each email we send you.
- To process transactions and purchases that you make on the Website, or through the Website.
- To protect our rights or comply with law - We may disclose personal information to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Tommie Copper; to comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request; or to protect Tommie Copper's rights or property or the safety of Tommie Copper, our customers, employees, or others.
- Sale or merger - We also may disclose personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of Tommie Copper's assets.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Website. Sensitive and private data exchange between the Website and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. While we use security measures to protect sensitive and personal information transmitted online, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. If you have any questions about the security of personal information collected by Tommie Copper, please contact: email@example.com.
Tommie Copper may disclose your personal information to its subsidiaries and affiliates and to third parties whom Tommie Copper hires to provide services on Tommie Copper's behalf, including but not limited to, support services, Website services, delivering promotional materials, contests and answering customer questions about Products. Tommie Copper will only provide those third parties with the personal information that they need to deliver the services to Tommie Copper and/or on Tommie Copper's behalf. We share your payment information, including your credit or debit card number, card expiration date, CVV code, and billing address with payment service providers to process payments; prevent, detect and investigate fraud or other prohibited activities; or for other purposes associated with the use of credit or debit cards.
We disclose certain personal information (e.g. identifiers, commercial information, contact preference information, geolocation information, internet or other electronic network activity information and inferences) to and work with third-party companies that support our advertising and marketing efforts, including to serve interest-based advertisements across the internet and to track and categorize your activity, interests and device(s) used over time on our Website and on third-party websites. The advertising networks and related providers gather this information to create individual profiles that are disclosed to us, which allows us the ability to match those individual customer profiles with advertisements we believe may be most relevant to a particular customer. You may opt-out of targeted advertising by using the menu options on our Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information page https://www.tommiecopper.com/privacy-rights-request-form or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at our toll-free number at 1-855-692-8291.
Accessing your personal information
You may log in to Tommie Copper to update your registration information.
Your State-Specific Privacy Rights and Choices
For Users residing in California and certain other states, applicable state laws may grant you additional rights. For more information on the specific rights granted for each state and when those are effective, see our U.S. State-Specific Privacy Disclosures here.
Do Not Track Signals
Certain web browsers provide users with an option by which you may have your browser send a "Do Not Track" signal to websites that you are visiting, advising the recipient websites that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. However, the way browsers communicate such "Do Not Track" signals are not yet uniform and, accordingly, our Website does not take any action in response to such signals. In the event a final standard is developed and accepted, we may reassess how we should respond to such signals.
Our Website is not directed to children under the age of 18, and our Terms prohibit children under 18 from using our Website. We do not knowingly collect any information from children under 18. Please contact email@example.com if you believe your child under age 18 has submitted personal information to Tommie Copper without prior parental or legal guardian consent so that we may take steps to delete the information.
U.S. Website Data Protection Rights
To the extent any personal information is received from non-U.S. residents, Tommie Copper will protect the personal information of non-U.S. Users in the same way as it does U.S. Users and will comply with applicable laws.
Subject to applicable law (for example, if you are located in the European Union with rights under the General Data Protection Regulation), you may have one or more of the following rights with respect to personal information: the right to request access to such information; the right to request correction of such information; the right to request deletion or erasure of such information; the right to request restrictions on our processing or use of such information; the right to object to our use under certain circumstances; the right to withdraw consent under circumstances when consent is required for any use of such information; and the right to obtain such information in portable form.
In certain circumstances in any European Union member state, you may have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our privacy practices with the applicable data protection authority.
To exercise any rights under the GDPR or for further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tommie Copper does not intend to offer its Products or services in any jurisdiction where the offering of such Products or services would be contrary to applicable local law, and any such offer of Products or services is void if illegal under applicable law.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.