This is a legal agreement (the "Agreement") between you, the individual, company or organization ("you," "your", or "Customer") and Tommie Copper, Inc. ("we," "our" or "Company"). By ordering, accessing, using or purchasing any product (collectively the "Product") through this website or related websites (collectively, the "Website"), you are agreeing to be bound by, and are becoming a party to, this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not use this Website or order Product. Your use of this Website means that you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. We may at our sole and absolute discretion change, add, modify, or delete portions of this Agreement at any time without notice. It is your sole responsibility to review this Agreement for changes prior to use of the Website or purchase of the Product.
These terms and conditions apply to ALL transactions made on or through this Website. This Agreement is intended to be governed by the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act. You manifest your agreement to the terms and conditions in this document by any act demonstrating your assent thereto, including clicking any button containing the words "I agree" or similar syntax, or by merely accessing the Website, whether you have read these terms or not. It is suggested that you print this form for your personal records.
Any order placed by 10:00 am eastern standard time between Monday and Friday for Standard (Ground) or Economy (SmartPost) service will be processed and shipped the same business day. Orders placed after 10:00 am eastern standard time for these levels of service will not ship until the next business day. Any order placed by 1:00 pm eastern standard time for Express service (Next Day or 2 Day) will be processed and shipped the same business day. Orders placed after 1:00pm eastern standard time for these levels of service will not ship until the next business day.
Tommie Copper does not process or ship orders on weekends, holidays, or during severe weather conditions. Any order placed during such time will be processed and shipped the next business day. Additionally, once an order has been processed, adjustments and cancellations cannot be made.
Tommie Copper currently ships within the United States, including United States territories and military addresses as well as to select international locations. International shipments will be delivered by the postal service of the destination country. At this time, Tommie Copper does not accept international orders on www.tommiecopper.com. All international orders should be placed by calling the Customer Service Center at 1.855.692.8291 and selecting option 1. Tommie Copper uses Federal Express, United States Postal Service, or a combination of both services to ship and deliver packages. Economy service is shipped using FedEx SmartPost® wherein FedEx carries the package from Tommie Copper's fulfillment center to a USPS sorting facility. USPS then handles the final delivery of the package. Standard, 2-Day and Next Day services utilize only FedEx in the shipping and delivery process. Orders shipped to a PO Box must be shipped using economy service, as FedEx cannot deliver to PO Boxes. Depending on the shipping service and location, domestic shipments can take up to 10 business days for delivery. Depending on the location, international shipments can take up to 15 days for delivery. Tommie Copper does not guarantee arrival dates or times. Tommie Copper does not refund, credit, or upgrade shipping for any reason.
If you believe that you have been billed in error, please notify our Customer Service Department immediately. If we do not hear from you within thirty (30) days after such billing error first appears on any account statement, the billing will be deemed accepted by you for all purposes, including resolution of inquiries made by your credit card issuer. You are deemed to have released Company from all liabilities and claims of loss resulting from any error or discrepancy that is not reported to Company within thirty (30) days of its appearance on your credit card account statement.
By submitting any content to Tommie Copper, Inc, you represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years of age and that you will not permit a person under 18 to order Product from our Website.
- The information provided by you when placing your order is up-to-date, materially accurate and sufficient for us to fulfill your order in a timely and efficient manner.
- You are responsible for maintaining and promptly updating your account information with us and keeping such information (and any passwords given to you for the purposes of accessing the Website and/or purchasing Products) secure against unauthorized access.
- You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the information, reviews, comments, product or service feedback or any other content or material that you submit, upload, post or otherwise make available on our Website (“User Submitted Content”).“Solely responsible” means that you, and not the Company, are responsible for the legality, reliability, appropriateness and intellectual property ownership of any User Submitted Content. The Company is a platform and is not responsible for any User Submitted Counter you post or encounter on the Website as a Customer, including any content that may be defamatory, false, obscene, pornographic or profane. You grant the Company a non-exclusive, perpetual, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to copy, adapt, publish, translate or otherwise use any of the User Submitted Content that you post on the Website, for any purpose, including commercial use, which includes the right to translate, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, sublicense, distribute and assign these rights, without compensation to you. You further grant the Company the right to use all User Submitted Content without notice, compensation or acknowledgment to you, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services and creating, modifying or improving products and services.
- You shall not submit any User Submitted Content (i) that infringes on any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy of any third party; (ii) that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, applicable product regulations, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); (iii) that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation; (iv) for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party; (v) that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers. You understand that such content is submitted on a non-proprietary and non-confidential basis and shall not be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Company, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners or third-party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees and successors and assigns. You understand that the Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion to (a) refuse, delete, modify, adapt, delete, or edit in any way any User Submitted Content and (b) terminate your ability to post on the Website, with or without cause, without notice, for any reason or no reason or for any action that the Company considers disruptive, inappropriate or harmful to the Website or other Customers. Tommie Copper, Inc. does not guarantee that you will have any ability to edit or delete any content you have submitted. None of the above requires Company to monitor or police the User Submitted Content or its Website.
- All “moral rights” that you may have in User Submitted Content have been voluntarily waived by you.
Unless agreed otherwise or required by applicable law, any warranties provided in relation to the Product only extend to you on the understanding that you are a user, and not a reseller, of the Product. You are not permitted to re-sell, re-distribute or export any Product that you order from the Website.
You agree to pay for the Product and any taxes, shipping or handling of Product as such costs are specified by us on the Website when you submit your purchase order. Payment shall be made prior to delivery of the Product and by such methods as indicated on the Website (and not by any other means unless we have given our prior consent to such alternative payment methods).
You agree not to use our Website by knowingly introducing any viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer program or files and materials that are malicious or technologically harmful. You further agree not to circumvent or modify any Website software or security technology.
Limitation of Liability
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Company, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, telecommunication providers, and agents, from and against any and all claims, actions, loss, liabilities, expenses, costs, or demands, including without limitation legal and accounting fees, from and against all claims, losses, liabilities, expenses, damages (actual or consequential) of any kind and nature, known and unknown and costs including without limitation attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating in any way from, directly, indirectly (i) your access to the Website, (ii) your misuse of the Website, (iii) your conduct on the Website or with other Customers, (iii) your submission of User Submitted Content, (iv) your violation of any third party rights, including without limitation, any intellectual property rights, confidentiality, property, publicity or privacy right, (v) your violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances or (vi) or your breach of any of these terms and conditions of this Agreement. We shall promptly notify you by electronic mail of any such claim or suit, and cooperate fully (at your expense) in the defense of such claim or suit. If we do not hear from you promptly, we reserve the right to defend such claim or suit and seek full recompense from you.
Any notice or other communications arising in relation to this Agreement shall be given by sending an e-mail to the latest email address that one party has notified in writing to the other. In the case of sending notices to you, Company will use the email address you provided to Company when you ordered your Product. Such notices or communications (where properly addressed) shall be considered received on the earliest of (i) the email being acknowledged by the recipient as received; (ii) receipt by the sender of an automated message indicating successful delivery or the email having been opened; or (iii) the expiry of forty-eight (48) hours after transmission, provided that the sender has not received notification of unsuccessful transmission.
We reserve the right to terminate your access to or use of this Website and/or your subscription to the Product should we believe that you have violated any of the terms of this Agreement or if we believe you have sought, in bad faith, charge backs, credit backs, Product returns, discounts or any other conduct designed to injure, harass or disrupt this Website or the Company’s business operations.
We reserve the right, but undertake no obligation, to actively report and prosecute actual and suspected credit card fraud. We may, in our discretion, require further authorization from you such as a telephone confirmation of your order and other information. We reserve the right to cancel, delay, refuse to ship, or recall from the shipper any order if fraud is suspected. We capture certain information during the order process, including time, date, IP address, and other information that will be used to locate and identify individuals committing fraud of any kind, which includes the use of multiple accounts which is strictly prohibited. If any Website order is suspected to be fraudulent, we reserve the right, but undertake no obligation, to submit all records, with or without a subpoena, to all law enforcement agencies and to the credit card company for fraud investigation. We reserve the right to cooperate with authorities to prosecute offenders to the fullest extent of the law.
If you purchase any Products available on our websites, you will be responsible for paying any sales tax indicated on the Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
If you believe that your content or work is the subject of copyright infringement and/or trademark infringement and appears on our Website, please email email@example.com with the information required under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512 ("DMCA"):
- An email with the subject line “Copyright Infringement Notice”;
- All of your contact information (full name, telephone number, email and mailing address);
- A description of the copyrighted or trademarked work that you think has been infringed; if there are multiple works, provide a representative list of such works;
- A description of where on the Website the content that you claim is being infringed is located;
- Information reasonably sufficient for the Company to contact you as the complaining party;
- A statement of your good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner (or that you are authorized to act on behalf of copyright owner); and
- Your physical or electronic signature of yourself or the person authorized to act on your behalf (your full name counts as an electronic signature).
You may be liable for damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by the Company or our Customers if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity is infringing.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Tommie Copper’s products are not labeled for resale, and are intended for the personal use of the Customer only. Commercial resale of Tommie Copper Products is strictly forbidden. The Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that he or she is purchasing the Product for personal use only, and not purchasing the Product with intent to resell the Product. The Customer agrees that he or she will not use Tommie Copper as a drop shipper and that he or she will not enter order and shipment details on the Tommie Copper website such that Tommie Copper ships Products to his or her customers. The Terms and Conditions of Sale are subject to change without prior notice at any time, in Company’s sole discretion, so please review the terms of sale each time you make a purchase.
Foreign Transaction Fees
In some instances, billing for your Product, membership fee or shipping fee may originate from outside of the United States and in some occasions, your financial institution may charge a fee for processing this payment. You are responsible for these processing fees assessed by your financial institution per your card holder agreement. All transactions are processed in United States Dollars (USD). Tommie Copper is not liable for any import fee, duty or customs fee that may be applied to international orders.
We may assign you a password and account identification to enable you to access and use certain portions of this Website. Each time you use a password or identification, you will be deemed to be authorized to access and use the Website in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and we have no obligation to investigate the authorization or source of any such access or use of the Website. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS SITE BY ANYONE USING THE PASSWORD AND IDENTIFICATION ORIGINALLY ASSIGNED TO YOU WHETHER OR NOT SUCH ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS ACTUALLY AUTHORIZED BY YOU, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSMISSIONS AND ALL OBLIGATIONS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS) INCURRED THROUGH SUCH ACCESS OR USE. You are solely responsible for protecting the security and confidentiality of the password and identification assigned to you. You shall immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or identification or any other breach or threatened breach of this Website's security.
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, we shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, we shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
Tommie Copper, Inc. is proud to announce an exclusive deal with our Canadian colleague, Showcase. Starting July 13th 2015, Canadian orders must be placed on the following website:
Returns and exchanges for any orders shipping to Canadian addresses on or after July 13th 2015, will be subject to follow Showcase's Return and Exchange Policies, which can be found at:
- Governing Law. This Agreement and all disputes, complaints, controversies or issues arising from it shall be governed exclusively by the laws of New York, USA without regard to conflict or conflict of law principles. The sole and exclusive venue for any and all claims or causes of action arising from or related to this Agreement, or that are related in any manner to your purchase or attempted purchase of the Product(s), shall be the Courts of New York, USA.
- Assignment. This Agreement and the rights and liabilities of the parties hereto inure to the benefit of their respective successors and assigns. Company may assign this Agreement to any successor entity. Customer may not assign without the written permission of Company.
- Severability. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction or an arbitrator finds any provision of this Agreement, or any portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will continue in full force and effect.
- Attorneys’ Fees. In the event any Party shall commence any claims, actions, formal legal action, or arbitration to interpret and/or enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement, or relating in any way to this Agreement, including without limitation asserted breaches of representations and warranties, the prevailing party in any such action or proceeding shall be entitled to recover, in addition to all other available relief, its reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred in connection therewith, including attorneys’ fees incurred on appeal.
- No Waiver. No waiver of or by Company shall be deemed a waiver of any subsequent default of the same provision of this Agreement.
- Headings. All headings are solely for the convenience of reference and shall not affect the meaning, construction or effect of this Agreement.
- Complete Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to your access and use of the Website and your ordering and use of the Product, and supersedes and replaces all prior understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matters.
- Modifications. Company reserves the right to change any of the provisions posted herein and you agree to review these terms and conditions each time you visit the Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any changes to these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of such changes. Company does not and will not assume any obligation to provide you with notice of any change to this document and you acknowledge and agree to same. Unless accepted by Company in writing, you may not amend these terms and conditions in any way.